Bedside Table | Poorly Edition

Tuesday 17 June 2014 ·


Who knew it was possible to come down with the flu in June?! I certainly didn't but there was no doubting that was what I managed to catch the other week so I was bedridden for a few days working from home - in all honesty illness aside it was kind of nice to be able to snuggle up in bed and do my work instead of be in the office! But I was feeling pretty awful so my usually tidy bedside table become inundated with a plethora of things to try and make me feel a little more human.

First up, pretty self explanatory - a huge glass of water. As we all know it's important to stay hydrated all the time but this becomes even more important when you're not well. So I filled this up first thing in the morning and popped in a couple of slices of lemon and lime to try and make it a little more interesting (water is just so boring) plus for a little injection of vitamins.
Now onto the medicines.... my winning combination tends to be any brand cold and flu tablets and Vicks VapoRub. That stuff is incredible (and smells so good)! I always have Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream on hand in case my nose gets sore/dry from blowing my nose. And then of course some lip balm which this time was the plain Carmex one.
My original plan had been to do my nails as a little treat to try and make me feel better but in the end I was too busy working so didn't get time :( Nevermind, my intention had been to use the Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat (read more here), then 'Sugar Plum' by Ciate and topped off with the Rimmel Nail Nurse 5-in-1 Base and Top Coat. Sugar Plum is one of my favourite nil varnishes for the spring time as it's the perfect pale purple which has a lovely pink undertone.
Onto the entertainment...the latest issue of Stylist on my iPad. This is always the highlight of my commute each week so I love that it's available to download whenever I'm not in work! Finally, last but not least my Parks candle which I love - I pretty much always have a candle burning as I love the scent and find it really relaxing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment