BAKING | The Healthy(ish) Muffins!

Sunday 20 July 2014 ·

I had my usual weekend craving to do some baking last weekend (and this weekend but more on that soon!) but I wanted to try and make some at least relatively healthy. So whilst trawling through Pinterest for inspiration I found some lemon and chia seed muffins and thought I'd put my own spin on them. I prefer lime to lemons and I had some blueberries that needed eating up so thought why not throw them in too!

The addition of ricotta in these muffins made them super light and fluffy and stopped them from going dry within a couple of days of being made. The blueberries, well you can't go wrong with blueberries, they added a lovely tartness which was delicious especially with the sweet honey on top. 
My flatmate who is usually thoroughly opposed to anything healthy has raved about these for the past week and needless to say they all disappeared in a matter of days - I only got my hands on one! 

So if you're looking for something super easy and (a little bit) guilt free then definitely try these. You could put whatever fruit you want in them, I think strawberries would be lovely at this time of year, or to make it slightly less guilt free you could add chocolate chips! 

I hope you like this recipe, baking is one of my all time favourite things to do - it's so therapeutic, so I love being able to share it with you all!

Make sure to follow me on Bloglovin' for more recipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment