The Green Juice

Sunday 3 August 2014 ·

For the past few months I've been trying really hard to be a little healthier and a big part of this was making smoothies for breakfast each day to up my daily intake of fruits but until now I'd never tried making a green smoothie/juice! I was in Pret recently and I picked up one of their 'Green Goodness' juices and couldn't wait to try and recreate it at home.

Since Matthew and I moved in together, on the top of our shopping list has been a new blender and so I did my research and decided to go with the Magimix Le Blender. Being as impatient as I am, we decided to pop in to John Lewis yesterday and pick it up in person to avoid sitting by the front door waiting for the postman for the next few days!

First of all I just want to say how happy I am with this blender. We had a Kenwood blender in my old flat which was good but now I have this one I realise just how fantastic a blender can be! Although I originally thought this was going to make more of a green smoothie than a juice I was pleasantly surprised by the result. If any of you are int he market for a new blender I can't recommend this highly enough!

Anyway onto the recipe....

Ingredients: 

- 2 (large) handfuls of spinach (washed)
- 2 green apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- Juice of 1.5 limes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Approx 3 inches cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 400ml filtered water

Method: 

1. It's important to always put all of the liquid ingredients into the blender first so start by adding 400ml filtered water and the lime juice. 

2. Throw in all of the other ingredients on top making sure not to go over the maximum fill line. 
 
3. I use the smoothie setting on the Magimix Le Blender as it automatically varies the speed throughout the process but if your blender doesn't have this option simply start it off on a slow speed until it all starts to combine then whack it up to a high speed. 
4. I would recommend blending this for at least 60 seconds to ensure it has a smooth consistency (I can't stand a chunky smoothie / juice!).
5. When it's done give it a quick taste to check it's how you like it and add anything extra if necessary. Then pour into your favourite glass with a couple of ice cubes and enjoy! 
This juice is super easy to make and so refreshing so my intention is to try and start each day with one of these on the train on the way to work. I do however plan to experiment a little bit by using kale instead of spinach and maybe adding some pineapple to add a little sweetness. 

Considering how much I'm loving this blender already (24 hours and I'm obsessed) I will definitely be doing some experimenting with different recipes over the coming weeks so if you want to see anymore recipes or you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them! 

Also if you make this juice I would love to see your pictures so tag me on Instagram or Twitter (@theopaldiary) so I can see your versions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment