What's in my Handbag...

Thursday 28 August 2014 ·

As one of those people who tends to carry around everything but the kitchen sink in their handbag I have to clean out said bag on more or less a daily basis to clear it out of receipts, old copies of Timeout and the countless bits of makeup that seem to collect down in the depths. 'What's in my handbag' posts are some of my favourites as I am inherently just a little bit nosy and love to get a peak into what other people carry around... So having just had one of my clear outs of my bag I thought I'd give you a peak into my bag....

First up my essentials: 
  • Purse with all the key points cards - most importantly Nectar, Boots and Costa
  • Oyster card & season ticket
  • iPad - I read at every given moment, especially on the way to and from work on the train so this is vital for me
  • Scarf - you just never know when it's going to get chilly in London
  • Sunglasses - you equally never know when the sun might come out
  • Phone (clearly I wasn't thinking when I edited the photo but I promise it's there, as well as my keys!)

Onto the make-up bag, I always used to carry around a bunch of make-up with me but I never used to apply it so I've cut it down to those few key items now: 
  • Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - I use this for everything, lip balm, cuticle oil, eyebrow gel etc. 
  • Nail file - my nails are super weak and always break so I have to be able to smooth them out and get rid of any sharp edges. 
  • Nail varnish - as my nails are so weak I find most nail varnishes chip which is something I hate so I always have some nail varnish around to fill in any chips. 
  • Hair bands - this one goes without saying! 
  • Hand cream - the cold weather in London is a nightmare on my hands. 
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish - this is super easy to apply so perfect for on the go. 
  • Last but not least my new Topshop lipstick in Innocent. I'm one of those people where as soon as I have something new I have to use it weather it be clothes, books or make-up and this is my new obsession. 
Last but not least is my little emergency kit that I picked up from J Crew when I was in New York about 18 months ago. I got out of the habit of carrying this around with me but recently I've remembered how invaluable it is. With this in your bag you are equipped for every eventuality. The kit includes: 
  • Nail file
  • Hair spray
  • Breath drops
  • Sewing kit
  • Dental floss
  • Clear nail varnish 
  • Stain remover wipes
  • Deodorant wipes
  • Double sided tape
  • Clear elastic ties 
  • Earring backs
  • Lip balm - I seem to be collecting these as I've added 2 of my own as well 
  • Tampax
  • Plasters - I've since replaced these with my own 
  • Paracetamol - again I've replaced these since using them
I also added my own hair band, bobby pin and lip gloss to my little kit. I love that it all fits into the cute little mint green bag - it's perfect for just throwing into my handbag when I'm running out of the door and even fits into my smaller bags.

For the past few months I've also been carrying my Sony HX300 which I bought at the end of last year but obviously I was using it to take the pictures hence it not being featured. I used to have a 'proper' digital SLR but always found it a bit heavy and clunky to carry around on a daily basis so this new one is ideal.  

What do you guys carry around everyday as your essentials? 





No comments:

Post a Comment