Autumn Luxe: Beauty

Tuesday 11 November 2014 ·

The turn of the seasons from summer to autumn is always the time of year when I have a root through my make up stash and mix things up a bit and, more often than not, I'll also decide there are also some things that I'm missing for the coming months that I can't possibly cope without.

In all honesty I can be quite lazy with my make up, I tend to get stuck into a routine and very rarely do i stray from it and for that reason I don't like to spend a fortune on non-essential make up. So personally I love the Sleek eyeshadow palettes as the quality is fantastic and the colour range spot on. The Oh So Special Palette looks perfect for autumn with a good range of warm, neutral shades as well as some richer colours like the plum perfect for a special occasion. Buy here

The wash bag has absolutely nothing to do with autumn but I just love the simple, elegant design with the pop of lime on the zip. Plus if you're going to be treating yourself to some new make up then you need something to put it in right? Buy here 

I'm addicted to nail varnish and definitely already have far too many (thanks to the Ciate advent calendar last year), but a dark forest green is something that's missing from my collection and I'll definitely be picking up Essie's Stylenomics next time I'm in Boots. Buy here
Now back down to the basics whose importance should never be underestimated. A permanent staple in my handbag and on my desk is a hand cream - how often I remember to apply said hand cream is another matter entirely but having it there in the first place is a start right? L'Occitane is my usual go to but this ginger & lime one sounds fantastic! Buy here

The Mint Julips lip scrub from Lush is yet another staple but this lives on my bedside table. I absolutely love this scrub, for a start it tastes divine (being made of sugar it's perfectly safe to lick off after use) and more importantly it's a coarse scrub without being too coarse. This is great for during the colder winter months when chapped lips are all too prevalent. Use this every night and you will have soft, smooth lips all year round. Buy here

Once your hands and lips are in perfect condition it's time to turn to your face, and this is where the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask comes in. Fleur de Force raves about this mask which in all honesty is enough to sell it to me! But, not only that, a mask that claims to remove all the dead skin cells leaving your skin looking healthier and more radiant is a winner for me! Buy here

Last but not least, the perfect lip product for a lazy make up day. Burt's Bees make some of my favourite lip balms and this lip crayon has all the benefits of their lip balms but with the added benefit of beautiful colours and great colour payoff! I can't find anywhere that stocks this in the UK (sorry!) but if you find anywhere please let me know! 

What beauty products are on your autumn wish list or what can't you live without in these cold and dreary months?

Make sure to check out the other installments of my autumn trilogy on home and fashion!


No comments:

Post a Comment