Homemade Sundried Tomato & Garlic Hummus

Saturday 17 January 2015 ·


Snacking seems to be that habit that I really struggle to give up but with trying to be healthier as one of my new years resolutions I wanted to find some more quick and easy snacks that I don't need to feel guilty about. This is where hummus comes in, or more precisely sundried tomato and garlic hummus. 

I've read a lot of hummus recipes over the past few months but on this occasion I decided to 'wing it' and see where that got me. This recipe couldn't be easier, no cooking or weighing of ingredients, there really is no excuse not to give this a go!

What You'll Need To Buy...
- 400g tinned chick peas (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled) 
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 large pieces sundried tomato

What You'll Need To Do...
  1. This couldn't be easier, simply pop all of the ingredients except the water into the blender - I would recommend crushing the garlic first. 
  2. Pop about half of the water in to begin with, put the lid on the blender and blitz until smooth. 
  3. If you're struggling to get a smooth texture just add a little more water at a time until you have the result you desire. 
That's it, now you have the perfect homemade hummus which will keep in the fridge for around 4 days if kept in a sealed container. This is the perfect mid-afternoon snack when your starting to flag and need a bit of a pick me up. 

I can't wait to try adding some different things to this to make different 'flavoured' hummus. Next on the list might be lemon and coriander, what do you think? 

Have you ever made your own hummus? What's your favourite 'flavour'?


No comments:

Post a Comment