My First Foray Into Etsy

Wednesday 25 February 2015 ·


We always hear the phrase 'Every cloud has a silver lining' but often it can be tricky to root out the silver lining and so it's often overlooked. However, that is not the case here. Let's start with the cloud...a couple of weeks ago I was made redundant...at 24... you don't hear that everyday! I'd already started vaguely looking into new jobs so it wasn't the worst news in the world but the prospect of shortly being without a steady salary was pretty daunting. 

Fear not, here comes the silver lining! I'm a pretty positive person so I took it all in my stride and went with the attitude that now I have all the time in the world to find the perfect new job! Still, living in London with no salary is a no no and my savings will only last so long so whilst I'm on the hunt I decided to pick up an old love of mine...making things! 

Back at school I had a business of sorts selling bits and pieces I made and gift cards mounted with my photography and it was fairly lucrative at the time so it seemed the perfect time to brush up on my crafting skills but this time I've gone one step further and opened an Etsy shop.


Etsy seems to be the latest online craze alongside Pinterest but I genuinely love it and have done for  a long time. It's my go to site when I need a gift for someone or just fancy a little peruse at all the fantastic things people are pouring their love and creativity into. 

Currently my shop, Fabietta Designs, is a little limited in stock as it's bits and pieces I've had stored away from markets that I've done in the past but they are some of my best sellers so I'm hoping everyone loves them online as much as they did in person. Not only this but I have a sewing machine on the way as I type this so it won't be long before I'm putting together some new and exciting stock to add on. 

Essentially this is just a shameless plug for my first ever venture into selling on Etsy as like with so many other things it's difficult to get noticed so I need all the help I can get! I would absolutely love it if you went over to my shop and checked out my products (I get very expected by the slowing mounting view count, and when someone favourites something - I just cant explain!). At the moment I have a range of cushions, aprons & jewellery hangers but as I said hopefully I'll be expanding that soon. I'm more than happy to do custom orders for any of these if you have a particular colour palette your working to or just fancy something a little bit different so please just get in touch! 

Feel free to spread the word with your friends, family, colleagues (I told you I was being shameless)!

Enter the code 'THEOPALDIARY' for 10% off on your first order for a limited time only. 

Do you already use Etsy? If so, what are your favourite shops? 

6 comments:

  1. I still haven't given etsy a try yet but I will soon :)
    ---
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying or selling? It's the perfect place to browse for beautiful handmade gifts - it's my go to whenever I need something a bit special.

      I'm really enjoying selling on there at the moment and can't wait for my sewing machine to arrive (tomorrow!) so that I can get making again!

      x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah I'm so glad you like them - it means a lot to me! My new sewing machine is arriving tomorrow so I'll be making some new ones in lots of different fabrics and I'm hoping to make some brighter ones too!

      If there are any types of fabrics or colours you would be interested in let me know as I would love your feedback!

      x

      Delete
  3. The Opal Diary8 March 2015 at 19:00

    Ah I'm so glad you like them - it means a lot to me! My new sewing machine is arriving tomorrow so I'll be making some new ones in lots of different fabrics and I'm hoping to make some brighter ones too!

    If there are any types of fabrics or colours you would be interested in let me know as I would love your feedback!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Opal Diary8 March 2015 at 19:01

    Buying or selling? It's the perfect place to browse for beautiful handmade gifts - it's my go to whenever I need something a bit special.

    I'm really enjoying selling on there at the moment and can't wait for my sewing machine to arrive (tomorrow!) so that I can get making again!

    x

    ReplyDelete