10 Things I Want to Learn

Monday 13 April 2015 ·


I've been out of education for coming up to 3 years now and I really can't believe how the time has flown by. I never thought I'd say this but I genuinely miss the process and satisfaction of learning something new. It can be so easy to sit back on your laurels once you've finished school/university and forget the need to learn anything new. Not only that but as soon as you get a job the easiest excuse is that you're just too busy! However, my aim for 2015 is to correct this and finally get around to learning some new skills and keep developing myself. 

Here are some of the things I want to learn: 

1. Spanish - stereotypical I know but I was pretty good at it at school and a language is so useful. 

2. Photography - I have 2 (yes 2) really good cameras but in all honesty I have no idea how they work beyond the Auto settings...this needs to be sorted out! 

3. Yoga - fitness is far from my favourite thing but if I could work out at home that would be a big step towards encouraging me to do exercise more often. 

4. To do a smokey eye - no matter how many YouTube videos I watch I can't get the hang of it so I'm going to practice until I have nailed it. 

5. To use Adobe Photoshop - I'm ok with the basics but I know there are so many other things I could be doing with it and it's about time I learnt - if you know of any good tutorials let me know. 

6. To be a more confident cook - I'm competent, but only if I have a recipe... 

7. To use a sewing machine - my sewing skills are fairly basic so I'm going to get myself along to some classes until I'm a sewing whizzkid! 

8. More about world affairs and politics - I'm pretty ignorant as it stands and at 24 that needs sorting out, I can only live in my little bubble for so long. 

9. To chop like a professional - this goes along with no. 6 but I want to perfect 'finely chopped'.

10. To parallel park - I've avoided this since the day I passed my driving test and in London it's kind of a necessary skill. 

Is there anything that you want to learn to do? Have you started any good classes lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment