Granny's Chocolate & Lemon Mousse

Saturday 6 June 2015 ·


Lets be honest you really can't go wrong with a chocolate mousse, it just always hits the spot and this is my absolute favourite. This is actually one of my granny's recipes and she used to make this every single time that we went down to Cornwall to visit her and my grampa so it has a lot of nostalgic memories attached to it. 

Since my granny passed away a few years ago no one else in the family had made it until about a month ago when I suddenly remembered about it and fancied having a go at making it for myself. That same day mum sent me the recipe, I picked up the ingredients and whipped up my first ever chocolate and lemon mousse in memory of my granny. 

This is a ridiculously easy recipe and I love the hint of lemon flavour that comes through - lemon is never something I would have paired with chocolate but it really works! 

Ingredients

  • 135g lemon jelly tablet
  • 100g plain cooking chocolate
  • 170g evaporated milk (chilled) 
  • 300ml boiling water


Method

  1. Place the cubed jelly, plain chocolate and boiling water into a blender and blitz until everything has melted and you have a smooth liquid. 
  2. Place the chocolate lemon mixture in the fridge until it has the consistency of unbeaten egg white. 
  3. In a deep bowl, whip the evaporated milk until very light and fluffy and then gradually beat in the jelly mixture. 
  4. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate until set. 
See, it really is easy! This is the perfect dessert for any occasion and could be made in individual ramekins as personal servings. 

In the past month I've made this recipe 3 times and I think it's safe to say I ate at least 90% of the bowl every single time...woops...! It's just so tasty though and I cannot get enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment