Breakfast Ice Lollies

Monday 6 July 2015 ·


I don't know if you've heard...but at the moment the UK is going through a pretty epic heatwave and with temperatures getting up to 34 degrees celsius in London finding the perfect breakfast option can be pretty tricky! 

The majority of my favourite breakfast options are all hot and include pancakes and a full English, none of which are what you want in the hot weather! So I put my thinking cap on and came up with a super simple, quick and refreshing breakfast option which I can guarantee is going to be my go to option throughout the warm summer months. 

Say hello to the most delicious yoghurt, berry & granola ice lollies! Yes that's right I did say ice lollies for breakfast but they're healthy so you can justify it I assure you.


Ingredients

  • Natural yoghurt / greek yoghurt
  • Mixed berries
  • Granola 
  • Runny honey (optional) 
In all honesty this recipe doesn't really need any instructions but why not! 

Method

  1. Spoon some of the yoghurt into your ice lolly moulds - you want it to go about an inch of the way up each one. If using greek yoghurt I would recommend thinning it out with a little bit of water. 
  2. Sprinkle in a thin layer of granola followed by some fresh berries - you can stew these down quickly in a pan if you would like to create a quick jam. 
  3. Top up with more yoghurt up to the top of your moulds. 
  4. You can either stop at this stage and put the handles in and pop them in the freezer overnight. Or, if you fancy it you can grab a knife or skewer and mix together all your layers like I did. 
  5. All that's left now is to make space in the freezer and  leave them overnight for you to enjoy tomorrow morning! 
It goes without saying that these are super customisable in terms of what fruits you add in, flavoured yoghurts etc and I can't wait to play about with this some more and see what I can come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment